Poets House offers six-week open-enrollment poetry writing workshops, weekend Master Classes, and one-day open enrollment writing workshops and seminars, providing learning opportunities for a variety of interests and skill levels.
Most class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, and we encourage you to enroll early. Enrollment is complete when full payment for tuition has been received.
Sorry, there are no upcoming events in this category.
Six-Week Open-Enrollment Workshops
Open to all levels, six-week courses are offered on a wide variety of topics. Register early—first come, first served. Fee: $325.
Poetry Is Not a Luxury: Reclamation, Resistance, Self-Healing & Survival with Bushra Rehman
Students will read and write poetry of reclamation, resistance, self-healing, and survival in this workshop with Bushra Rehman.
The Archaeology of Poetry: Digging the Moment with t’ai freedom ford
Participants will consider memories, photographs and personal geographies as artifact in this workshop with t’ai freedom ford.
Poetic Investiture: Seeking the Source of Our Poetic Powers with Michael Broder
In this workshop with Michael Broder, students will share and explore the myths and realities of inspiration and the sources of poetry within each of us.
Master Classes, which usually meet Saturday and Sunday, offer advanced writers of poetry an opportunity to work intensively with some of the most respected poets of our time. Applications are required; space is limited. Fee: $395
Special One-Day Workshops
We offer writing workshops and seminars that focus on a special topic over the course of a day or afternoon. These offerings are designed for those who may not have the time for a longer sequence of classes.
Riddles, Parables, and Other Alternatives to the Lyric Poem with Geoffrey Hilsabeck
In this workshop with Geoffrey Hilsabeck, students will read and write in and around the language of riddles, spells, oracles, kennings, and parables.
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing. To request a refund, email Gia Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poets House retains a $60 processing fee on any refund.
- Refunds will not be issued after the following deadlines, regardless of participation. For Six-Week Workshops: tuition (less processing fee) is refundable until the second class meeting. For Master Classes: refund requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the first meeting.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
- Six registrants are required in order for a class to run. If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition will be refunded to all registrants.